Event: Dinner with Kai Ryssdal in the Mahogany Room, Springfield Symphony Hall on Thursday, October 6 at 7:30pm
This dinner is for special guests of the Springfield Public Forum and includes a pair of reserved front row seats for Ryssdal’s talk at 6:00pm.
Presented by: The Springfield Public Forum
Date: Thursday, October 6, 2022
Time: 6:00pm for talk / 7:30 for dinner
Speaker: Kai Ryssdal, host of public radio’s Marketplace
Topic: The Economy: What’s Changed? What’s Next?
Where: Springfield Symphony Hall & Mahogany Room
References to New England Public Media (“NEPM”) include radio stations WFCR, WNNZ, WNNZ-FM, WNNU, WNNI; and their license holders, the University of Massachusetts and the New England Public Radio Foundation, Inc. and television station WGBY; and its license holder, The WGBY Educational Foundation.
- Eligibility. NEPM contests are open to anyone 18 years of age or older except employees of the University of Massachusetts, The WGBH Educational Foundation, the NEPM Board of Directors, Amherst College, American International College, members of their boards of directors, and members of their immediate families (spouses, parents, siblings, children) or households (whether related or not). Additional parties not eligible in particular contests are listed in the Contest Details section below.
- Entry. To enter, submit the contest entry form available at nepm.org during the hours the contest is open as stated in the Contest Details section. No pledge or purchase is necessary to enter. To enter without pledging, visit the CONTEST ENTRY ONLY PAGE. Eligible sustaining partners of NEPM are automatically entered in every contest. Only one entry per person is allowed. Multiple entries by one person from different e-mail addresses will be disqualified. NEPM is not responsible for late, lost or misdirected mail, technological errors, failures of the telephone or computer systems, and/or printing errors in any advertisement, entry form or the rules.
- Prize and Approximate Value. See the Contest Details section below for each particular contest.
- Awarding the Prize. The winner will be drawn and announced by a date and time specified for each contest in the Contest Details section. The odds of winning depend on the number of qualified entries received. Winners will be chosen by random drawing. For a prize that is not claimed by the date specified in the Contest Details section, or for a prize that is claimed but is then, at the winner’s sole and independent discretion, donated to NEPM by the winner, NEPM may, at its sole discretion, either award the prize to an alternate winner chosen in the same manner as the initial selectee, extend the contest and offer the same or substantially similar prize again, or take other such actions as NEPM, in its sole discretion, may deem appropriate in accordance with applicable law.
- Claiming the Prize. To claim a prize, winners must execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release to NEPM by the date specified in the Contest Details section. Any prize or prize certificate not claimed by the date specified in the Contest Details section (or in the case of an alternate winner, within two (2) days of his or her selection) will be forfeited by the winner. All prizes will be mailed to the winner following the contest, with the prior written consent of the winner; the winner assumes the risk of its arrival. NEPM is not responsible for the safe arrival of a prize.
- General. All prizes will be awarded. Any and all taxes on the prizes are the sole responsibility of the winners. The prizes may not be transferred without NEPM’s permission, and any transferee must be an eligible entrant under these rules. NEPM may substitute a prize of like value for the prize described herein, in NEPM’s sole discretion. The winner may not substitute another prize for the prize described herein, nor redeem the prize for cash. NEPM reserves the right to make changes in the rules of the contest, which will become effective upon announcement. Prize winners must execute and return an affidavit of eligibility and liability/publicity release by the date specified in the Contest Details section (or if an alternate winner, within two (2) days of his or her selection). This offer is subject to federal, state and local regulations and laws and is void where taxed, restricted or prohibited. By entering, participants agree to these rules and the decisions of the judges, and expressly consent to the use of their name, photograph or likeness for advertising this and similar promotions of NEPM without compensation. Winners shall agree to hold NEPM, the University of Massachusetts, and the officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives of each of them, harmless against any and all claims or liability arising directly or indirectly from the prize or contest.
- Prize Winners. For a list of prize winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope by the date specified in the Contest Details section to Katie Wright, NEPM, 44 Hampden Street, Springfield, MA 01103
- Rules. For a copy of the official rules, please send a self-addressed, stamped, envelope (Vermont residents may omit stamp) to: Katie Wright, NEPM, 44 Hampden Street, Springfield, MA 01103
Dates and Times the Contest is Open:
Saturday, September 17, 2022 12:00am – Monday, September 17, 2022 at 11:59pm
Additional Ineligible Parties:
Employees of Springfield Public Forum
Dinner with Kai Ryssdal in the Mahogany Room, Springfield Symphony Hall on Thursday, October 6 at 7:30pm
Date and Time for Awarding the Prize:
Monday,September 19, 2022 at 10:00am